Black Max

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Max

Black Max

I seen a black Max II with a 16 hp Techumseh in it. Anyone have an idea what year or how many of these were made?
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

The max I just acquired is painted green but is original black, from what I can tell. It's supposed to be an 84 but I haven't checked the number on the trans or that's supposed to be stamped in the frame, it also has a jlo 440 that may or may not have been swapped if that helps.

Got pics?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
    The max I just acquired is painted green but is original black, from what I can tell. It's supposed to be an 84 but I haven't checked the number on the trans or that's supposed to be stamped in the frame, it also has a jlo 440 that may or may not have been swapped if that helps.
    I had seen the black hiding and wondered if it was paint or plastic, check the serial number.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    I seen a black Max II with a 16 hp Techumseh in it. Anyone have an idea what year or how many of these were made?

I also seen that and was to call to ask if it was painted, I've only seen 2 ii's one was littleg's forever bigmax (r.i.p.) and second is Shanna's custom order.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    I had seen the black hiding and wondered if it was paint or plastic, check the serial number.
    The down side is some one cut the body like a lil truck. I have an idea of what I'm going to do to make it easier on the eyes but have to hold off til I have access to a break and a couple pieces of alu!inum diamond tread.

The best I can tell with my flashlight the serial is 4976 or 4376 possibly 4370 or 4970. So I guess it's a bit older than I was told but it's mine now so I guess I got what 600 bucks gets you. Im guess 75 or 76 going from the list and I thought I was getting an 84. Hopefully it's the flashlight messing with my eyes and I'm not seeing it right
    It is 4976 after some more sanding and a dab of paint.
    Last edited by Dw89xj; 07-18-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
    The best I can tell with my flashlight the serial is 4976 or 4376 possibly 4370 or 4970. So I guess it's a bit older than I was told but it's mine now so I guess I got what 600 bucks gets you. Im guess 75 or 76 going from the list and I thought I was getting an 84. Hopefully it's the flashlight messing with my eyes and I'm not seeing it right
    It is 4976 after some more sanding and a dab of paint.
    Mine is 5093 and is a 76'. Only 117 apart.

[QUOTE=techfx;216128]Mine is 5093 and is a 76'. Only 117 apart.[/QUOTE

Sweet. I wonder when 76 started.

+ Reply to Thread