Max 4 speed and winch mount

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max 4 speed and winch mount

Max 4 speed and winch mount

Just bought a 98 max 4 with 20 horse kola. Seems slow. My argo would fly by this. What is the normal speed for this machine? Gona check the clutches tomorrow. This has no winch but does have the mounting plate. There is no support to the mount. Just a backing plate. I would think it would damage the shell with that kind of force. Any suggestions? Thanks

What Argo did you have? Just wondering if it was a 2 stroke. Also, what size tires do you have on your Max IV? If you have the 26" tires you should be able to easily go 20-22mph at ~ 4000 RPM. I would start by checking your belt tension and then your clutch engagement like you mentioned. As for the winch mount, the backing plate will work fine as it is.

I had an 04 Bigfoot with 18 horse. It would cruise at 28mph. If I had to guess the max was around 15mph. My max has 26 inch tires. This is my first experience with a max 4. So not really sure what to expect. My buddys max 2 is crazy fast. Guess I was hoping for 25mph on a good trail. I'm really surprised that the backing plate is all the support they use for the winch. Seems like it would be a lot of force on the body but I'm sure you guys know your stuff so ill put one ASAP. I am really excited to take the family out riding in max! My boy will love it and I feel really safe will rops and seat belts.

The Max should be at least as fast, most likely faster than an Argo. I bet your belt is worn/stretched, or too loose. That's the most common cause for a vehicle going too slow like that.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The belt is way lose. Adjusting now. Come on speed where are you?

Seems a lot better but I don't think the clutches are opening all the way and when I try climbing a snow bank the tires wount spin. Gona clean clutches and see what happens

Ruffed up clutches and now she spins. Full throttle seems around 20mph now. Was hoping for alittle more on the smooth road but ill try here out in a couple weeks and let you know

Good to see you bought another machine wait till you see the old argo shes running adair tracks now all new bearings and chains I went right thru the machine we ned to all get together some time and go for a ride

I would love to see the argo again junk man. We should defenitly go for a ride. Kip would be all for it too. His max 2 is an animal. This max is way different to Handel then the argo. Where are you thinking of riding?

Not sure just yet im getting everyone rounded up probably in a couple weeks I will keep you posted

+ Reply to Thread