Max II Lower Tub Thickness

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II Lower Tub Thickness

Max II Lower Tub Thickness

Would someone know how thick the lower body tub is on a 2003 Max II ? I suffered a couple of relatively minor gouges in the trough below the main drive sprocket while removing the axle. While it may be OK I would like to repair it while I wait for my new axle and sprocket. Plastic Weld or some kind of patch? That material doesn;t look like it is "stick friendly".

The tubs Iv see cut up are 1/4" + on the bottom they run about 3/16" on the sides. The factory used to cut blem tubs to use for screwing down heavy parts to pallets. Some of them were 3/8" thick but varied as to where in the mold. I've not seen a hole in a MAX II tub newer than early 90s.

Thanks for the reply msafi65. I have two gouges in the inside of my trough the worst one is about 1 1/8" long and I believe about 1/8" deep the other similar but lesser in length and depth. It probably is OK but I'd hate to drag through from the outside then go swimming. LOL. It's easy enough to get at to repair but I am uncertain how to repair. I appreciate your advice.

About ten years ago I seen a Max video that said the tub is 10mm thick. The top was 6mm thick. Obviously it thins out during heat forming (ie stretching).

Thanks for the reply Rusty-Gunn. 10mm is very thick= 3/8" + .

+ Reply to Thread