Max IV chain adjustment

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV chain adjustment

djgeiman Guest

Max IV chain adjustment

I replaced the chains on my Max IV a while back I have had it out a few times for a total of about 10 hours the rear chains are laying on the tub and the top is tight What is the proper way to adjust them and how often should they need adjustment?

Raise the tires off the ground to remove the tension from one side of the chain. Loosen the idler sprocket bolt and press the sprocket down. I use an old board lying around to press on top of the idler sprocket. Then, while holding tension down on the sprocket, tighten the nut/bolt back down. Ideally, you want to tighten the chains until you have about 1/8" of play/slack up and down for 1/4" total but it's hard to dial that in. As long as they aren't banjo string tight and they aren't dragging the tub or frame, you will be fine.

For the frequency of adjustment, adjust them whenever they need it. That can vary depending on the quality of chain you use and what kind of riding you do. It's not uncommon to need to readjust new chain within the first hour or two of use as they will stretch when new. From there on out, it should be gradual stretching as you use the chain.

djgeiman Guest
    THANKS Mike

+ Reply to Thread