steering lever adjustment

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: steering lever adjustment

djgeiman Guest

steering lever adjustment

I have a 99 Max IV when do you know when to adjust your steering levers and how do you do this ? I searched the articles here and could not find anything. Also when driving at mid to high speed I have to pull on the right lever to keep it straight.
    THANKS,Dave G.
    Last edited by djgeiman; 04-13-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Look in the rebuild manual to see how to properly adjust the t-20. However, before you go that route, I would do take several steps as other things factor into how straight your machine goes down the trail. First check tire diameters and make sure they are all equal or matched from side to side. An overinflated tire will cause you to drift one way or another. Also check all your bearings to make sure they are spinning easily. Don't stop with wheel bearings, make sure you check the bearings on your idler sprockets too. Drag on one side of the machine that is not occurring on the other will cause your machine to drift to that side. Finally, make sure a break isn't sticking on one side. Slight drag causes drifting. If all these check out well, then it may be time to adjust your plungers on the t20.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

djgeiman Guest
    THANKS I will check those things
    Dave.

+ Reply to Thread