Help messed up belt install

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help messed up belt install

Help messed up belt install

Need help. Hey guys I put my motor back in my max II and did the ole test run befor putting belt back on and, surprise both clutches are in closed position on engine and t-20. How do you get these in the open positions so there is enough slack to reinstall belt. They both leave the belt sitting on top of the pullys

The engine clutch is up on the weights. Safest way to put back is wrap belt around it and pull. Can be done by hand but when it goes back it snaps and will take a finger off if it's in the way. Dosent take much to snap back just be carefull.

Thx msafi65 ill do that. I knew when it was closed there was no way a belt would come close to fitting. Just didn't know how to fix it. Thank you

Well I tried putting the belt around it and pulled. But bell did not close. While idling then giving it gas I can see it flexing inside the bell like it should. But bell doesn't close and open pulley. It had worked perfect just took motor a loose install chain adjuster. On left side Didn't fool with anything else. It had set for over a month thu while I worked out of town

Pulled my friend backwards on his Honda Forman

Well got my belt back on last night, also had put 2 new rear adjusters and two new chains on rear. And also my gator tires are new. Test run today. Went up some creek banks my 4 wheeler friends couldn't. also it came down to a tug of war between me and a Forman 4x4. He didn't stand a chance we tightend up the chain I started moving forward with him a little and his 4x4 was hopping up and down. So I gave my max a little more gas walked away with him. Successful day. Lol

Great that you beat the Honda but how did you fix your clutch? My primary clutch is doing the same thing, it's open all the time.

hi
    Put a large flat blade screw driver in between primary clutch faces and twist . Wiggle it to get it in there well .

tomo

tomo, thanks for your reply. I didn't do a good job of explaining my problem. My primary clutch, mounted on the engine output shaft, is open all the time. It's open wider than the belt. By revving the engine the clutch plates close enough to squeeze the belt a little. Enough for it to drive the transmission and vehicle slowly, like in low gear. I believe it's up on the weights, like someone said above, but I need a clearer explanation of how to get it back in place so the plates will close back together.

HI
    There is something not right
    1/ primary clutch faces worn ridges and or circular grooving
    2/incorrect cvt belt NEEDS TO MATCH AN OEM FOR WIDTH AND LENGTH -belt may just be worn out
    3/disassemble primary and inspect for worn components

tomo

+ Reply to Thread