Max iv roof?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max iv roof?

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Countrycummings99 used a golf cart roof on his IV if I remember correctly. It was short for what you are wanting, however, I believe they make roofs for the golf cart limo's. That may be an option.
    Yep, that is kinda the thought. The extended models are used on carts that have rear facing seats. The limo ones are 110 inches or more (still an option also).

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Egoperf's Max IV comes to mind. He built a custom cage, and the roof was a single piece of HDPE riveted to the round tubes.

And here's a picture of him getting his strap on. (honestly, this joke won't die...)

This is a good idea. I have the factory canvas top on my machine, but it sags and collects water when it rains. This would work really well as a sun top and would help hold up the canvas top when one needs more protection. A sheet of HDPE should be easy enough to scrounge up.

A good quality soft top should have tension tabs welded inside the roof. These are secured just in font of the rear hoop and wrap round the top of the hoop, down the back and underneath towards the front (a bit difficult to explain but simple). You then pull these tight to the front hoop with tensioning straps. As the straps / tabs are tensioned it tightens the soft top up.

Hmmm. I'll have to take another look and make sure everything is installed correctly.

My MAX IV has a custom built cab on it ,but the man that built it passed away last year but you still can get a idea .http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/data...m/CIMG5086.JPG
    Last edited by awesomepossum66; 06-17-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    Max IV has a high out put heater,custom cab, windshield wiper,suspension seat,new hydraulic brakes ,cargo rack on the front ,,,and I'm loving every minute of this .

Every time I walk to my bush lot, I have to walk by the truck canopy I had on my 1999 F250. The rear window is broken and there is absolutely no market for used caps in this area. I am thinking of taking a 6 in. slice off the top and using this as the base for a roof on an 8 wheel argo. Whatever happens, I will have to bust it up for the dump. I might just do the right cuts and try it out dimensionally to see how it looks and fits.....another project..... another day

ArgoTop.jpg Photo by guyvapeur | Photobucket

Today I went out and cut up the truck canopy. I took the roof portion and after a delightful afternoon of cutting and welding, I now have a roof on the argo
    Last edited by guyvapeur; 01-02-2015 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Better with hammer than computor

Howdy. I built a top for my Max 4 several years ago using the existing roll cage and fabricated 1" square tube Gull wing doors. Enclosed it with 1/8" plexiglass. I painted around the door closures to make it look better but still kinda looks like the pope mobile. It still works well but I wish I had used 1/4 Lexan instead.(get cracks in plexi) I posted pics on this site but not sure how to find them. Try going to my profile and click on previous posts. Hope it helps. Wayne.

+ Reply to Thread