Max iv roof?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max iv roof?

Max iv roof?

Does anyone sell a roof for the max iv? Something like a plastic roof that goes on a golf cart and fits the factory roll cage? Anyone built one? Ideas and or pictures of your completed project are appreciated.

Egoperf's Max IV comes to mind. He built a custom cage, and the roof was a single piece of HDPE riveted to the round tubes.

And here's a picture of him getting his strap on. (honestly, this joke won't die...)

Well I have a snap on canvas roof for mine that the previous owner had made. But I made a hard top for my other one that worked even better. At Menards in the wall board section you'll find a 4x8 sheet of white flexible wall board. Not the fiberglass stuff. This bends fairly easy and will fit the contour of the cage. I riveted it on but use screws if you want it removable. Sorry I don't have pictures.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

That does give me some ideas. Only difference im thinking of is id like my roof to extend all the way to the rear of the max. Helps keep everyone in the rear seat out of the sun and rain (considering im in Florida).

find a farm equipment salvage yard and check out the old cotton pickers and combines (John Deere). They made cabs that had a fiberglass top that was held to the cab with bolts. Seems to be about the right size if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerlarry View Post
    find a farm equipment salvage yard and check out the old cotton pickers and combines (John Deere). They made cabs that had a fiberglass top that was held to the cab with bolts. Seems to be about the right size if I remember correctly.
    Hmmm, good idea. I'll check it out

Being Southerners, we didn't have sleds so during the rare snows we'd get some of these and slide down whatever kind of slope we could find.

google a 9910 John Deere cotton picker and you'll see some pics. For some reason I can't get pics to post today.
    Last edited by Dozerlarry; 05-31-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks again Larry. I did some checking today and i have not been able to find the length and width of the john deere roof. I did find one for sale new: Cab Roof | John Deere |2140 | 2350 | 2550 | 2750 | 2940 | 2950 | 2955 | 3040 | 3140 | 4030 | 4040 | 4050 | 4055 | 4230 | 4240 | 4250 | 4255 | 4430 | 4440 | 4450 | 4455 | 4555 | 4560 | 4630 | 4640 | 4650 | 4755 | AR74143 | RE29775 | AL41448 | HAL41448 for $345.00. Which isnt an aweful lot of money and if i was to build one from scratch it would probably work out similar in cost. The biggest problem i see is it doesnt appear to be as long or wide as what im looking for. Being that a max iv is 96x56, i'd like to cover as much of the overall size of the max as possible. Not sure why most roofs dont cover the rear of the max, but i want mine covered. What i did find that might fit my needs (and its cheaper) is this:
    Golf Cart Roofs|Tops|Canopies|Soft Folding Convertible|Older carts|Extended|USA at $320.00 new including built in hand holds thats pretty good for the extended length of 80 inches. Also, the extended golf cart tops (80") are made out of ABS plastic and have a reinforcement band around the edge already which should help limit breakage from tree limbs, etc... from breaking the top. Since im in Florida (as are you) there are tons of golf carts around that i can probably find a used top for at a bargain price. All ill need to do is fabricate mounting brackets for it. If nothing else, it gives me another option to use for a top. Btw, i'm sending you a pm regarding something totally unrelated...

yeah, I wasn't really sure about the size. I saw one recently but can't remember where or I'd go and check it. The golf cart sounds promising though. Answered your PM.

LB

Countrycummings99 used a golf cart roof on his IV if I remember correctly. It was short for what you are wanting, however, I believe they make roofs for the golf cart limo's. That may be an option.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread