I think the Max IV is probably the best machine ever!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think the Max IV is probably the best machine ever!

I was at a friend today who has a IV like mine and I am always amazed at how good they are. They really go through anything, his has the 26" tires and the bigger motor which is definitely the way to go. Absolutely BRILLIANT Machines!

Opens popcorn and sits back to watch

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams View Post
    I was at a friend today who has a IV like mine and I am always amazed at how good they are. They really go through anything, his has the 26" tires and the bigger motor which is definitely the way to go. Absolutely BRILLIANT Machines!
    I think you captured the feeling we have all had when we first drove an amphibious ATV. I felt the same way when I drove my first 6x6, a Max II with 21" tires. Since then, I have been able to drive several different makes and models and watch others drive their ATVs as well. Over time I realized that there isn't one "best AATV" but I also realized that every 6x6 or 8x8 can leave you feeling exactly the way you described. They are all amazing machines.

I absolutely love the looks of the Max II but wish it had 24-25 inch tires from the get-go. The Argo Bigfoot is nice as well.
    I only have personal experience with the Argo Avenger and the Max IV. I perfer the Max IV over the Avenger. Someday, Lord willing, I'll get my mittens on a nice Max II and this Eskimo will be jumping for joy! I'll do the "fender" mods to accept 24 inchers, too.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think you captured the feeling we have all had when we first drove an amphibious ATV. I felt the same way when I drove my first 6x6, a Max II with 21" tires. Since then, I have been able to drive several different makes and models and watch others drive their ATVs as well. Over time I realized that there isn't one "best AATV" but I also realized that every 6x6 or 8x8 can leave you feeling exactly the way you described. They are all amazing machines.
    Well written Mike, all these machines have their own advantages and disadvantages per make and model yet we all love what we have.

And want to buy what we don't! And slightly reengineer what we have got.

I agree with all that you have said, I think they are all cool, and have driven quite a few of them but I am still blown away about the Max IV, the biggy wheels definitely rock!

My max 4 came stock with an 18 hp vanguard, I just put a kohler command pro 27 in with a new t20 new 26" terra tires, it is unbelievable how much power it has. I put a single suspension in and it works great.. Norm

Awesome machines, it's incredible what they will do, the first time you climb an insanely steep hill and the first time you bail off in the water are memorable occasions!
    Thomas

94 MAX IV, 16 Vanguard, Aqua Torques, 1 1/4" wheel spacers

djgeiman Guest
    I am with you guys I got my max iv this past December once I got everything together on it I took it to my hunting lease on Maryland's eastern shore marsh and flooded woods I drove it into the first big flooded ditch I came to my buddy on his 4wheeler thought I was nuts I climbed out the other side spun around looked at him and said lets see you do that he just shook his head
    I LOVE IT!
    Dave G,

+ Reply to Thread