Max IV: Rear seat removed with cargo box in it's place?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max IV: Rear seat removed with cargo box in it's place?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
    Hi. I got me a notion. I'd like to remove the rear seat and make a custom cargo box to fit in it's place to hold fuel and camping gear. This box would be removable (chain adjustment and lubing,etc.) Anyone do this sort if thing? Any advice? An recommendations? Any warnings? Any pictures? Thank you.
    Hey Rusty what I did was just take the back seat out and put a piece of plywood on the floor and some rubber hanging down from the seat belt bracket over the battery to the floor. Lots of cargo room and if someone rides in the back they sit on the wheel wells sideways Argo style.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Tbone9... Thank you. Seems simple enough.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

My bad, my bad! Tbone9's plywood comment reminded me that Eric (akranger72) provided a metal floor board that I in error assumed was merely a replacement for the original. Instead it is longer. The rear seat is removed, the longer floor board is installed, and it offers more cargo space. I should have paid more attention to Etic when he sold me his Max IV. Thanks everyone.

djgeiman Guest
    Rusty Gunn,
    I did this to my max iv it worked great i took out the rear seat and built a frame out of 1x1 tube bolted down where the rear seat was and built a 14 x 45 cargo box out of alum and used self tappers to anchor to the frame i put rubber under it so it would not squeak I also took out the plastic floor pan and put in a piece of diamond deck down i bent a 6" lip on the back where it comes up in front of the battery I can still get to my battery with the cargo box there by way of the rear hood my front seat has also been moved back 3" for my big self to have more room I will try to get some pics to you if you want send me your mail djgeiman@qis.net

Digieman... E-mail sent. The metal floor pan that Eric provided has a bent lip at the rear like the original plastic one, but is longer. Once the seat is out the metal floor pan is inserted and allows more cargo space.
    I think a removable cargo box would be nice.

djgeiman Guest
    Rusty,
    I never got your email try me again djgeiman@qis.net

Digeiman... E-mail sent. I seen two pics of your cargo box in the gallery. Thank you.
    I do have an aluminum floor plate simular to yours. I got my rear bench out and removed the original plastic plste, then put in the aluminum plate. I carried an insane cargo load piled up higher than the Max to the camp site this weekend. Three trips out, two coming back. Other atvs hauled stuff too. Twenty teens from our church youth group attended. We had a wonderful time ( excet for the rain).
    I need to improve the cargo space. I intend to add a back plate. Mine goes up about ten inches. This would allow for engine venting provuded it isn't up against the hood cover.

Rusty,
    It sounds like you need a trailer. I know they can sometimes cause more problems than they fix, but you can haul a lot in them if the trail isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by akcrawler View Post
    Rusty,
    It sounds like you need a trailer. I know they can sometimes cause more problems than they fix, but you can haul a lot in them if the trail isn't too bad.
    My brother has a nice atv trailer I can use. Unfortunately the front axle bearings need replacing and I was not able to use it. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    I think a little improvement to the one Eric made for mine is the way to go. All it needs is a longer back, with venting behind it.

+ Reply to Thread