ESCARGO vs. Adaire tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ESCARGO vs. Adaire tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Dano1877 View Post
    Yes you are correct! They are all quality tracks I have heard, each better for a certain application. I talked to adair, escargo dude in canada, channel track dude in canada, and Chris with beaver dam. I didn't get much response on here for questions I had regarding a max I I. I'm also fairly new 6x6 guy. I think I have made up my mind to go with the uhmw because there 4 hours away from me and will install them for me. There are a lot of clearance issues with the max. And tire size is an issue too. That's another topic I have been trying to solve with not much response on here or from the track makers. Chris at beaver dam has only done one other max with the uhmw tracks and gave me the owners number and the guy said the machine is unstoppable both in the marsh and on ice. Chris made the tracks on that machine work with the good old 21x11x8 runamucks. But he wanted me to try and get 20x10x8 which is a challenge. The only ones pretty much are the carlisle super lug which some members say to stay away from? Anyway $3200 is a lot of cash but beaver dam Argo is close to home and I can understand him well on the phone!! lol.
    Adair Argo makes track kits for the Max II along with others and has many sets on machines. Tim also has a custom wheel and tire combo for the tracks that give the Max vehicles more flotation. I would suggest you give them a call.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

That's impressive Keith. I find it amazing that you were able to get so much hull clearance by just hanging the machine by the rafters in your barn and by welding in a bar to mitigate the body droop.
    That's a simple yet innovative trick to get the clearance.

In terms of the track discussion in general, I think Keith is also correct that all these track systems are high quality, and that a specific system may meet the needs for a certain environment. A person should pick and choose the system that's going to work best in their area.

+ Reply to Thread