Are RI/Max dealers and products basically gone?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are RI/Max dealers and products basically gone?

Are RI/Max dealers and products basically gone?

I have really been trying to see what dealers are left and if someone might have inventory of new Max IV's. It just doesn't seem like anyone really sells them, I find places on Max's old site that dealers have inventory but it is all many years old. Practically none of them have web sites and most seem to be tow truck/trailer dealers. I asked a question about parts also on here. There does not seem to be a single online dealer that I can go to a web page and buy parts or accessories. I know these aren't super common and I currently own an Argo and a Max IV and would like to possibly get a new liquid cooled Max IV but I feel like the brand is just gone. I know Muddox bought them but I called once for parts pricing couldn't get through, then I called again and the owner was away racing and not back until the next week. I asked about the Max IV rear cargo basket and was told they could only get the supports and that the baskets weren't available. Doesn't really make me feel like its a real brand.

I am just frustrated since I really like the Max a lot but am having a hard time investing in a machine that the dealer network, parts and accessories just seems gone to me. The Argo on the other hand seems to have so much more support in terms of parts, accessories with some online dealers also. They are also a lot more expensive but I don't want to buy a machine that the only place to get parts from is Richards. With so many owners out there I am shocked that maybe a bigger dealer didn't stock more items or open a online store. Seems like they could make a lot of money.

I am hoping I am missing something but I feel like RI is not a current player any more. Again, I love the Max design especially the IV but can't spent 10k+thinking the brand is no longer actively sold/supported.

I'd say give it some time.
    The company still sells parts over the phone.

I too would eventually like Mudd-Ox/RI Max to sell parts over the internet like Argo does. Hopefully Matt will get it done soon.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

The Mudd-Ox dealer in Alaska is a Max dealer too. I bought my new Max IV through him. However, as near as I can tell the two dealers in this state who used to sell Max are no longer in business. That may be because they didn't sell enough or just got tired (retired?). I suspect that the same could be true in other states. As Rusty says, be patient. Matt is working to get his dealer network set up and will eventually have a full support system in place. I cannot imagine that this will not include internet parts sales evenually, but it all takes time and the dealers themselves need to step up and do some of that work. I have heard that Matt is going to keep the Max Brand more or less separate from the Mudd-Ox Brand. I have heard that he intends to build an 8x8 Max and also one with a diesel engine. I think he intends to keep the Max Brand using the T-20 and the Mudd-Ox will only be hydraulic. I suspect (maybe even heard or read) that he intends to use the Mudd-Ox lower tub for the Max 8x8. All-in-all, I would say that the future looks bright for Max.

+ Reply to Thread