Max ii help please (newie)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max ii help please (newie)

Max ii help please (newie)

Hi Guys and Girls.
    Joined this ace forum abit ago, but never had the chance yet to post his,
    I have bought 2 Max II, not sure what year they are? numbers are 17716 and 17537.
    I am in the UK and trying to find the long choke cables both need replacing( they seem very long and hard to find in the uk), one needs ignition switch( lose key) exhaust and a solenoid( are these a standard part or just a max part?)
    The one with the good ignition will not turn off, need to choke it to stop the engine.
    Any help or pictures would be great thanks, I am new to these but must say they are ace fun
    p.s both have Briggs & Stratton 18HP V-TWINE Engines
    Thanks Richie
    r-wignall@sky.com

Hey wiggy, you'll probably need to buy the choke cable through Max.
    The ignition switch, muffler and and solenoid should be able to be purchased through a small engine or lawn mower shop, unless the muffler is external ( shouldn't be with a ser. no. that late.
    If your engine is not shutting off there is a ground issue, probably a disconnected wire perhaps either at the outside or inside of engine shrouding, or at the key switch itself.

On the home page in the manual section there is a diagram for both the 5 and 7 wire switches, your's should be the seven.

Hi
    Thanks for a fast reply, both have external Exhuast, one like new, one blowing lol will get the choke cable orderd asap, will they be able to tell me what year they are?
    Thanks again for your help
    Richie

just had a look at the manual section, and cant see my year numbers on the list?

Looks like that they are both 2001 models

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    just had a look at the manual section, and cant see my year numbers on the list?
    Lokk at the top of the Max forum, sound off with your Max type, originally posted by cbass, Thanks Corey very helpful.

Hi
    Had a look threw that last night could not see my numbers in the list? another member said 2001? not sure what model they are, first time I have had these.

Regarding the list... You're comparing where your serial numbers go in relation to the others listed. They can add yours to the list if you post your serial numbers in that thread.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Thanks for reply guys, will post my Serial numbers on the list just wanted to be 100% sure of the year first. re the wiring diagrams which one is mine? also bought solenoid before i posted on here its a Lucas 4ST SRB325, think its for a car , will this still be ok?
    Re the choke cables I emailed a company in the UK that sells them, still waiting for a reply.
    Thanks again Richie

Hi Guys
    I have just had a reply from Maxcat in the UK, £45 PLUS VAT PER CHOKE CABLE AND £130 FOR EXHAUST (MUFFLER only and not full unit) ARE THESE PRICES ABOUT RIGHT?
    Last edited by wiggy; 07-25-2014 at 08:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread