Max II Track Question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II Track Question

Max II Track Question

Ok, for over two years I've wanted tracks mainly for deep snow riding. I'm ready to order Argo Max II tracks. But before I do, I wonder if I can get some input. Tracks cost approx. $3000 from Adair Argo, what other costs can I accrue, Bearing cages ect. Second question, Should I just invest in a Snowmobile. Never having either I look forward to any input.....2003 MAX II 850T. Again thanks.

In the dry snow we get the rubber tracks are better than other types. Adair tracks will need the snow kit for heavy snow. As far as being on the same playing field with a snowmobile they at not close. These vehicles don't have the capibity of driving the track fast enough to climb effectively on anything but a packed trail. Tracked MAX will go through brush in 30" of snow that a snowmobile won't at all. Hope this gives you some ideas.

I have two max I I one with the plastic Tru tracks which you can get a set from Richards relics for about a thousand. A little more because you also have to buy wheel extensions. I live in northern Mn and had a blast with that machine in some deep snow. Basically I made my own trail. The snow type also plays a factor as well. Now my other machine I been asking questions on different tracks to get for that one as well and everyone has there own opinions. It all depends on what your doing with it. I'm gonna set my other machine up with uhmw tracks made by beaver dam Argo in Wisconsin. Basically those tracks are made for any type use but they are $3000 installed too. If you look in the gallery section I posted a pic of what those tracks look like. They are pretty sweet. When it comes to putting tracks on a "max" not so much the plastic Tru track there are some clearance issues especially in the front to be aware of as well. Tire selection is a must depending on the track. I also have snowmobiles too. But it all depends on what your gonna do with the machine. Another important thing to keep in mind when installing tracks is your engine size. You want preferably an 18hp and up. Hope this helps. Ps. Snowmobiles are much faster but a max with some decent snow tracks is a blast. Especially in the woods!# . P.s. I found that the plastic Tru tracks are only good for snow in my opinion!!
    Last edited by Dano1877; 07-25-2014 at 09:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread