Replacing the trans chains on Max IV...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacing the trans chains on Max IV...

Replacing the trans chains on Max IV...

Hi. I would like to learn how you guys go about changing the trans chains on a Max IV? Is it differcult to feed the chain through the sprockets? There seeks to be no room for hands under there, especially the clutch side.
    Does the.engine need to come out?
    Whats the secret? Thank you.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Pull the engine out. It's only 4 bolts and then you can really inspect everything while your changing chain.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

The secret is the engine comes out? Thanks my lips are sealed. I shall tell no one. Lol wink wink
    I figured that might be the case. The wife and I tightened the chains today and I was a bit stumped on hiw the chains might be fed through the sprockets. Differcult maybe, unless the engine comes out first.
    Anyhoo, I ordered another Omega chain for these two shorter chains today (I already had one). After the chains stretch a bit more then we'll change them out.
    Just curious... Do I need to remove the throttle/choke cables too? Or can the engine w/stand move over enough? Thank you. I do appreciate the learning.

Unhook all the electrical and the cables too. I mark my wires with different color zip ties to denote matches.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Color code, eh? Eliminates mistakes. Easy enough. Thank you.

We got the transmission out and removed the chains. When compared to new chain, the used one stretched sbout 5-32". Not too bad for 52 links I fugure. I'll save these two for emergency purposes and install new ones.
    I am using Tsubaki Omega chain. I still have to cut a 94 to 52 though. Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread