Max 4 water leaks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max 4 water leaks

Max 4 water leaks

Well, I just posted about bilge pumps because my max 4 has been taking on water rather quickly. I checked all my bearings a couple rides ago and they were all tight. Today I went for a ride (mostly in deep water/mud and in the pond) I was floating for about an hour and the water was about an inch over the shift linkage. When I got back to my shop I pulled up on the dry concrete and water was quickly running out of the 2 back bearings. So if there tight what's usually the problem? I wonder why only the two back ones leak? Thakx... Norm...

Try resealing your flanges with strip caulk.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Try resealing your flanges with strip caulk.
    That's the answer. If you want to try a quick fix first though, clean the flanges and the tub around the flanges really well. Then take the strip caulk and place it all the way around the flange and try to push it as if it were going between the flange and the tub. You are just wanting to create a seal all the way around the flange. It may work without you having to remove the flanges.

I just replaced bearings and I used silicone. It will be a little hard to take the flange off in the future but at least I know it's sealed great

I went out today and pulled off the back tires after I checked the bearings for play, they were both tight, then I looked at them and this is what I saw. I guess I'm gonna have to replace the bearings. These pics were taken today in my back yard, GREAT RIDING!!
    Attached Images

More pics
    Attached Images

looks like a good place to play

+ Reply to Thread