Lack of turning power

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lack of turning power

Are you pushing forward on the sticks? The springs don't push hard enough to give you full power.

Argojim yes i do press completly forward and the belt is new and i dont think the clutch is the issue because the mechanic seem to have confirmed the clutch is ok however it has been parked for over a year and is completly rusted. another thing i want to mention i love these 6x6 but i hate the way the shake the hell out of you when your driving it. i am thinking of installing custome cushioned seats with suspenders.

i give up on these 2 max that i bought and dont know what to do the problem is that i live in dubai and these machines are not sold here and no one is qualified to fix them i am hundred percent sure that both these are lacking power and just dont know where to start as i myself lack any knowledge about max's. i cant just go drop it and get it fixed since they lack the knowldge here as well i just dont know what to do im really sad because i do love them but if they are working correctly. damaged they are not fun to drive nor keep. ooooh what a day.

These machines are really pretty easy to work on, don't get discouraged. Your engines are just about the same as big lawn mowers, find a good small engine repair shop and they should definetly be able to fix any engine problems you have. As for the trans you should do some reading on the t20, their very easy to work on once you figure them out. Your problems are probably very small.... Norm

Hi hac4life
    The clutches are similar to side x side UTV and some quad bikes
    The engines are quality lawnmower .
    After u read the overhaul/maintenance pages on the t20 all workshops should be able to handle them.
    Present the info/manuals on the engine /transmission /max to your trusted repairer and go from there .
    4 parts find the country closest to u that has an agent or buy straight from the factory .
    If your mechanic is any type of business he will take care of it for u . The repairs will cost a little extra as a result .
    tomo

PS Some of the guys who have experience with dunes may respond .
    As with my experience with NONcompactable river sand ,all my 6x6 does is dig trenches . Hard pack sand is completely different .Loose sand eats up horsepower quickly . Typically high engine revs and speed is the answer .
    Last edited by Tomo; 08-09-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack4Life View Post
    i give up on these 2 max that i bought and dont know what to do the problem is that i live in dubai and these machines are not sold here and no one is qualified to fix them i am hundred percent sure that both these are lacking power and just dont know where to start as i myself lack any knowledge about max's. i cant just go drop it and get it fixed since they lack the knowldge here as well i just dont know what to do im really sad because i do love them but if they are working correctly. damaged they are not fun to drive nor keep. ooooh what a day.
    I'd gladly come over and help fix them. Of course would need my travel taken care of. Lol. Seriously, it may be that your throttle cable isn't getting full throw. Try adjusting it at the engine. Simply loose. Up the cable cover screw holder and pull the cover away from the the engine a fraction of a centimeter at a time. Make sure to re-tighten the screw and take it for a test spin. Any small engine shop should be able to work on your engine. If the tranny needs adjusted, watch the video on the home page here and do it yourself. I have no formal mechanical training, and with the help of this site, can rebuild a t-20 in a short time, can diagnose and tune my engine and drive train, and can rebuild a machine from garbage. These things are simple, and everyone here is willing to help any way they can.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

amphibious drew thank you so much for your reply and encourgment i honestly am proud and happy to have joined this web site and to recieve all this support from you guys.i am also relieved and now looking forward to fixing these 2 machines , i will follow your advice and keep you updated god bless.

can someone please help me my belt is completly worn out and since they dont sell parts here i want to order from the states however the belt number is 018039 the mechanic told me and i went to Welcome to Richard's Relics Parts for Amphibious ATV's, and cant find that belt.

Try the Max manufacturer, Mudd-Ox.
    The belt is also equal to Dayco HP 3029. I found this info in another thread.
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 08-10-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

If you're playin with the truck, Goodyear belt is all I've found.

As for Drew's post, we all need a paid vacation, fixin and ridin a machine is a plus!

+ Reply to Thread