Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV

djgeiman Guest

Max IV

Hey does anyone live in central Maryland area or close to that that has good knowledge of these machines I have a couple of issues with mine and thought if someone was close by they could take it for a spin and give me some input.
    I may have a power issue I do not know for sure also I wanted to know how to check to see if I have the right belt on this machine it is 94 anyway if someone is in my area PM me and I will give you my contact info
    THANKS,Dave G

Dave I'm in NJ so not close but if you want to ride up here, any how what belt are you running? Have you checked for the 1-1/2 recommended deflection(some Max's require washer spacing)?

What is it doing(not doing) overall?

One of these guys has had your issue for sure.

Jim, ARGOJIM

djgeiman Guest
    Well I do not know about the deflection.I am just not sure if my machine is 100% what I mean is how quick should it turn? When I get in marsh mud it seems to just spin I have the big tires on it I did not know until recently that you had to hold the sticks forward when driving to get full power that might be answer I have gone over the whole thing bearings,chains idler sprockets two new bands in the trans adjusted them per RRs web site I have had this since last December I have had it out 6 times and had to get towed back 5 3 times the clutch came loose on the trans the last time I broke a band in the trans I think I pulled on the sticks to hard I forget the other anyway I guess what should I expect?
    THANK,Dave G.
    PS everyone on this site has been a great help

djgeiman Guest
    Forgot the belt number Parts Unltd LMX 1092

Hopefully your problems are all fixed now, a little blue locktight on clutch bolt is a good idea. The belt deflection should be 1-1/2 measured from one side of belt (ie push down while holding tape measure). A factory belt or a Dayco hp3029 is what these guys seem to be running. To achieve the proper deflection washers may have to be added under the engine to obtain proper distance.
    Getting stuck in these things is par for the course, good thing is you will get stuck a lot less with seat time, it sounds as if you are high centering in soft silt and though big tires help with ground clearance tracks are often needed.

Try to make the ride in sept. in Ohio as there is plenty of members to asses your machine and get you some good trail time in.

I'm not sure if Harleysville 19438 in Pa is any closer than Jim but I would be happy to help also. Check to see if all of your bolts that go through the sprocket hubs are still good and not broke . take it out and make a hard turn and watch to see if all of the wheels are driving that side then check the other side . Good luck

djgeiman Guest
    OK I checked the belt deflection I THINK I held the tape against one side and pushed the other side in 2.25" so I guess I need spacers the belt is in good shape.I did put locktite on the clutch bolt the threads were pretty chewed up I cleaned them up so we will see.I am looking at tracks just not in the budget right now looking at Adairs but we will see. I am going on a ride this weekend.

THANKS for the invite to ride but I have a lot of stuff going on in Sept.THANKS to all you guys who responded I will let you know what happens

djgeiman Guest

Max IV part 2

Well I went out on a ride this weekend to marsh to check my deer stand and so on I pushed forward on the sticks going trough the muck and I could not believe it what a difference anyway I decided to order a new drive belt so I think the problem I thought I had was me all along
    THANKS to Argo Jim for his guidance
    Dave G.

djgeiman Guest
    I almost forgot THANKS to Gus Marone to

+ Reply to Thread