MaxIV Chains???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MaxIV Chains???

Yup, cheap chain is worthless to me. We drive easily twenty miles out of town a lot all summer. I'd rather not have to wslk back if a cheap chain breaks.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Hello everyone, I just have to say, that you all are fantastic and it makes me proud to be a part of such a wonderful group of people!!!. Thank you all for all the replies that I have received to my questions concerning my chain questions and I do hope that in the future I will be able to assist someone on our wonderful site with the knowledge that I have been taught hear on this site concerning 6X6 repair and locating replacement parts for our machines.
    Thank you again and God Bless you all.
    P.S. To answer your question Tbone9, No I do not live in th U.P. Of Michigan, Baldwin is on the Northwest side of Lower Michigan about 30-40 mile from the east coast of Lake Michigan.
    Take care to all and Happy Riding!!!.

Jerry

Hello again my friends, Ok I have all the info about the chains and bearings and where to order them from,but I need one more question answered about the chain and that is, what type of 530 Oring chain do I order for my MaxIV??? Do I order ATV or Motorcycle chain or does it not make any difference???. I do hope I am not earetating everyone with all my questions.
    Thanks everyone for all your input that I have been given these last few days.
    Take care all and let's have fun out there and be safe on the trails
    God Bless!!.
    Jerry
    Last edited by Disabledsportsman; 08-14-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Which one do we puchase??.

Jerry, when you order the chain, if you order 530 Oring chain I don't think you have to specify anything more than that. Just make sure you get a good quality chain, meaning that you should choose a reputable manufacturer. There are several threads here on the site where people have discussed chain and diamond USA (not the chinese version) is a chain that seems to hold up really well.

Diamond USA
    Tsubaki Omega
    a few others I don't remember.

Tsubaki Omega had a tensile strength of 9,700+ pounds.
    MfgSupply sells chain with the same 9,700+ but at half price. (NOT their heavy duty, which is only 6,000). A few members have used with favoring results. Its what I will buy next. It comes in ready-made lengths or lengths requested by buyer.
    Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply. Its in their motorcycle section under drive chain.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Thank you again Mike and Rusty-Gunn for your valuable information, I was a little confused concerning which chain to purchase,motorcycle or ATV. You both cleared that up for me now and for future reference.
    Thanks again and have a safe and muddy ride this weekend if you happen to get out for some outdoor fun
    God Bless
    Jerry

+ Reply to Thread