MaxIV Chains???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MaxIV Chains???

MaxIV Chains???

Hello everyone,hope everyone is having a great time riding your machines!!. I have a few questions for you concerning my MaxIV. First is what size chain do I Need for my machine I broke a drive chain and one axial chain at the same time doing a test run. I am thankful that my neighbor saw me waving for help out in the middle of the small lake I was in. While waiting for him to get to me I happened to find, 2 leaking bearings that I am going to have to replace. And this is my second question, who has the best prices for the bearings and the chain that I am going to need to replace? [ALL] of them!!!. Your input on this matter will greatly be appreciated
    Thank you so much for your wise and valuable info that I continually receive from this awesome group of fellow 6x6 and 8x8 riders. God Bless you all !!!.
    Jerry

Trans chain... 52 links
    Front to middle... 116 links
    Middle to rear... 112 links

Tsubaki Omega 530 o-ring chain is what the factory used at one point.

I bought Omega chain off of eBay from Chaparall Motorsports.
    Another outlet of which I will buy chain, but have not yet, is Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply
    They have 530 o-ring chain with the same tensile strength (9000+) as Omega but half the price.
    People here say to get bearings from Buffalo Bearing. 716-874-1720. Apparently they don't have a website available yet.
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 08-11-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

There's tons of chain manufacturers out there. But for the primaries from the trans to rear sprocket I get the good stuff. These chains take beating. I've had good luck with the EK MVXZ brand. It's expensive but worth it. The pins and side plates are much heavier and hardly stretch. Besides they're tuff to get at and don't want trouble on the trail. And get a mini chain press too. It will help greatly for putting the side plate on the master. This is a press fit and the press is only ten bucks if I remember right. Just my two cents, happy wrenchin
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

"Trans" chains are actually "primary" chains? Got it. Thanks. I thought it sounded familuar. I'm sure I read it before, just couldn't remember.

I agree with the recommendation of using high quality chain, especially on the primary chains.

Not for sure on that. Just what I call em. I've heard them referred to as idler chains too. Either way they're tuff to get at.

I've been using the 9000+ tensile strength oring from MFG SUPPLY, this chain has worked perfect for me at a great price.. Norm.

You guys are amazing!!!. As usual when I am in need of some quick reliable and important info for my machine, I know I can reach out to all my fellow riders and it is as if you all are right here with me helping me get back up and running. I do hope to meet each and every one of you someday at one of the rides here in Michigan or some other state close to Michigan and give you a HAND SHAKE and a much deserved THANK YOU for all of the replies that I receive to my questions.But for now, all I can do and say is give you a THUMBS UP AND THANK YOU for your replies to my questions today. My next question is, Is it possible to double up on the spockets and chains so that if one chain breaks again the second can at least get you from the woods or water and back to your vehicle if you are riding alone?
    Thank you and God Bless
    Jerry
    Last edited by Disabledsportsman; 08-12-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Hey pal, we are all in this together. I been on two rides so far and the comorodery is awesome. I see you love in Baldwin is that in the U. P.? As for your question in my opinion I don't see how that could be possible. But what you can do is carry extra trams chain and a master link or two. That saved me one time.

I, too, carry spare chain on every ride. I carry a chain breaker tool and three master links. This way I can splice in a few new links to fix a broken chain and get home.

hi
    Cheap chain is similar to a cheap low quality car does the job but not for long .
    Cheap chain requires a lot of adjusting .

tomo

+ Reply to Thread