Does anyone sell a complete bearing and flange kit for the Max IV???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone sell a complete bearing and flange kit for the Max IV???

Does anyone sell a complete bearing and flange kit for the Max IV???

I just bought my first Max IV and am loving driving it all over my 14 acres in VA. It does make some occasional weird clunking noises that sound related to the chains/sprockets/bearings. The transmission doesn't make any noise that I can tell. I've greased all the outboard zerk fittings and lubed the chains which are new. Being a machine from the late 90's I'd like to go through all the bearings and replace them. Partly for peace of mind, and partly because I don't know how rough of a life it's had. Does anyone sell a complete kit with all the bearings and flanges I would need to complete the job??

Check with the manufacturer. Mudd-Ox bought the company.
    Mudd-Ox
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Thanks for the reply and info about Mud-Ox. I'll check them out.

Did you figure out the clunking noise? My Max IV left rear axles mounting bolt would come loose if I drove it do aggressively. I looked at my rear axle compared to the rest of my axles and it was protruding about an inch more then the others. I jacked it up pounded the tire and axle back in, put lock tight on the bolt, and tq'd her down. The clunking noise was from the chain rolling on the sprocket at an odd angle.

Grandma's Real-Rose Camo! The next best thing from Realtree!

You can always go this route if you want to have heavy duty bearings that will last much longer than stock. Other than the increased initial cost of the parts (over the factory ones) these should outlast the factory ones by a good margin. I cannot say how much longer life you should expect considering I have not completed the switch as of this post, but it should be significant. The bearing housings in the kit are much more robust than the factory "stamped" housing. They should give much more protection than original.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...rings-max.html
    Last edited by rcn11thacr; 10-10-2014 at 01:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread