New Duromax for my Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Duromax for my Max II

New Duromax for my Max II

Swapping the old 14 hp Briggs for a new 16 hp Duromax.

Like to see that motor .

I'll post a pic. when it comes.

Ok guys i put the engine in my Max II a took it out for a spin, after a while i heard a loud pop and turned around to see my gas cap falling from the sky.I noticed it started flooding before the cap blew off. After it blew off the engine started running good and as soon as the cap was replaced it started flooding again. How are the ones with the duromax engines in their Max II venting the exaust?

Is your gas cap vented at all? If it is the screw in vent type, was it opened?

Mike there is no vent like on a boat gas tank.

From what you saying you need to put a Vent in your tank !

I don't know what to do with it. It runs good untill you run for a while. Someone said the gas was boiling in the tank. I saw on this site where a lot of guys were installing these and thought it would be a good motor for my max. May sell it and go back to 4 wheeler.

Can you use the stock tank ? You may want to mount the fuel tank off the motor so as not to get hot from the engine. Or put a vent tube in the cap so it can breath ?
    You can use a Pulse pump found on any lawn tractor and it will work fine. That way you can run a remote tank and you all set.

Thanks Wedge i'll try that, just called Duromax and the guy told me the vent on top of the tank will stop up with gas if gas gets in it. I guess you can't run the tank that comes on theDuro Max if you climb hills or unload it off a trailor. My next question is what to do with the exaust. The stock muffler is melting the back of my Max.

+ Reply to Thread