max ii bearing flange

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: max ii bearing flange

max ii bearing flange

I installed new bearings and flanges on my max ii. I purchased these from Richards relics. The inner flange I installed with the lip of the flange facing towards the frame. I should of looked at my other max before installing because that one is installed with the inner flange lip facing out away from the frame. My bearings are moving freely. Is this OK or should I change them ? Note: I do not have an inner bearing. It's an older max
    Last edited by Dano1877; 08-29-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Check out the How to Replace Your ATVs Bearings article in our How-To section. It has plenty of photos and a video showing how they go.

So both of the round metal flanges go on the outside of the tub ? What goes on the inside on the frame? Nothing? Even on a 1980 model with no inner bearing?

Some of the early machines had 3 flanges, the inner most flange inside the tub was more for frame support than anything, if it's not hitting don't fret it.

I put the one with the grease sert on the outside and the one without on the inside with the outer lip towards the Frame I noticed on one of them when I pump grease into it it comes out on the outside of the tub. On another one the grease comes out on the inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Dano1877 View Post
    I put the one with the grease sert on the outside and the one without on the inside with the outer lip towards the Frame I noticed on one of them when I pump grease into it it comes out on the outside of the tub. On another one the grease comes out on the inside?

Did you use the strip caulk against the body on the inner (non greasable) flange? did you line the grease hole up with the zerk? Next silly question, are the carraige bolts sitting flush in the frame?

I watched the how to video on this site which I should have before I used Richards how to before and his pics and directions are lacking. Needless to say I'm redoing all of them. Thanks for the help Mike and jim

max ii repairs

Quote Originally Posted by Dano1877 View Post
    I watched the how to video on this site which I should have before I used Richards how to before and his pics and directions are lacking. Needless to say I'm redoing all of them. Thanks for the help Mike and jim
    So for advice to other members...Would you recommend that they get their parts from Mat O or deal with Richards relics?

The overall consensus is to avoid Richard's Relics due to higher prices and/or inferior parts. He's considered a last resort sort of thing.
    Now, I will say I did buy Ago parts from him simply because he had the items snd shipped to northern Alaska. A lot of other places won't ship to a PO Box. Items were very good, prices comparable to other places.
    Matt O owns Recreatives Industries/ MuddOx and had factory parts available.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I bout a few stickers from mat and one came bent and the shipping cost was high. The dude sent them in a box when they probably could of got sent in an envelope what are the price diferences? On let's say an axle? And are they the same product or different ? Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread