Got a deal on a Max II ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got a deal on a Max II ?

Question Got a deal on a Max II ?

OK so I have been wanting another Max II for some time and have shopped e/bay and on here umung other sites and dealers. Well first let me tell you what I have found.
    #1. mid 90's with a camo rattle can paint and has had the T20 rebult. 18hp. New owner to it and say it runs fine but this is all he knows. $2400.
    #2. Late 90's Tan body Supposibly low hours ( no hour meter) runs fine 16hp. $3250.
    #3. 03 tan body, top and wench ( factory) extra New bearings and all very well kept. This is the Top of the Line 850T. It has 270 hours on it but as said Very well kept.
    It's 3 hour drive to pick up as the others are an hour away. it is $4800.
    Now I had a New 2000 500T and Loved it as I was a deal then and sold some 600's also.
    But the 850T with the 23hp Kohler was said to be a Killer Max II.
    So I ask ? You think it would be best to pay now and get the top notch machine OR get a lower grade and upgrade on the fly ?
    Plan on pulling the triger this monday coming up.
    All input welcome so lets hear your thought's on this.
    Thank you Guy's !
    Tj
    Last edited by wedge; 08-29-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Were it me I'd take the newer one.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Get the newer one with kohler engine. Not just more horsepower but a lot more torque. In the max 4 the 18 Briggs and 23 kohler are night and day. You also get spline axles and Oring chain. Not sure either of the others have that.

wedge, i agree with the guy's. if you can afford, go for the '03. you get the winch' top', etc. and it sounds like it has been well maintained. plus it is 3-5 years newer and the bigger engine. lot's of pluses !! johnboy va.

not sure if you checked the classifieds or how far you want to travel but I still have the max ii I listed a couple weeks ago.

I did look at yours Miller Time but I would have to have it shipped and that add's up Quick to the total cost.
    All of these are close to me. But I did hear your machine is nice for the money !
    I am pritty much set on the 850T as I alwas wanted one like this. It will take me broke but hay at least it;s already done up !!

I have a 2003 850t with 35 hours on it. Its a beast.

Get the newish, high output machine and don't look back. It takes a lot of time and money to do upgrades. You could double the cost of a machine just putting in new axles and bearings. The Kohler motor is smooth and powerful as well as low maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread