Largest Tire on Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Largest Tire on Max IV

Largest Tire on Max IV

OK 1st, I have a Max IV which is currently running on 26-12-12's., question; what is the largest tire that can be run on this machine? Thanks

Larger tires

Has anyone ever tried 27 or maybe 28 inch tires on there max 2 or 4?
    Last edited by Mike; 08-31-2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: merged two threads on similar topics

Won't fit under the tub on a MAx II. 23 / 24 ( if you can find them ) is the largest I know of to fit a Max II.
    Thats Unless you move the wheels WAY OUT !!

28" is the largest you can go on a Max IV with a new style tub. 24" is the largest you can go on a Max II without modifications. 25" is the largest on a Max II after you modify the lower tub. Just realize that all tire sizes are not equal. Some 22" tires measure 25" for example so it will come down to the brand and style of tire you go with. Here are some photos of kghills Max IV with 28" tires:

This thread discusses the different 25" tires members have used on a Max II: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...es-max-ii.html

Yes, Keith suspended his Max4 from the rafters of a building to get the additional fender clearance and then placed a metal support mid ships to maintain the body shaping. Those 28" tires look great on his machine as do the tracks he occasionally runs. This machine performs extremely well as his videos attest.

Just shows how a Max4 can be modified and evolved into something special.

MY BADD !!! I mis read the max IV ! as Max II.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    MY BADD !!! I mis read the max IV ! as Max II.
    You read it right the first time. I merged two similar threads to discuss both the Max II and IV here in one place.

Way to go Mike ! Make me get an eye exame opointment ! LOL!!!!

Those 28's look so cool! Slick machine.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I agree, those 28"s look great! What year is the "new Max IV tub style" you mentioned. I have a 2004. Is that too early for 28's without modification?

+ Reply to Thread