Drain plugs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drain plugs

thanks guys for the replies. going to buy a set for the max 2. i guess you could run over a stump or something just right and pull the plug. but under most cases they sound like they have been proven to work well. johnboy va.

John, check the sizing of the plugs and your drain holes before ordering. I made the mistake of ordering a bag of the drain plugs from Maximum Off Road on eBay and they DO NOT fit a Max IV as advertised. I have an entire bag of the plugs that I would guess fit a hole in the 9/16ths to 5/8ths range.

I remedied the problem by going to the auto parts store and looking on the Help rack and locating a pair of rubber differential plugs. The hole in my Max IV (and I have no idea if it's the original size) is 7/8ths. Anyway, the diff plugs are pretty heavy duty and I don't see them being destroyed after multiple uses nor do I see them leaking.

Bottom line, verify the drain hole sizing before buying, don't assume because the seller says they fit model XXXX that they will actually fit. My fault for not checking the size, not the sellers.

I have a 40-count bag coming in, from the same company, for my MaxIV. These better fit or this company is getting the "relics" treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by rickemd1 View Post
    John, check the sizing of the plugs and your drain holes before ordering. I made the mistake of ordering a bag of the drain plugs from Maximum Off Road on eBay and they DO NOT fit a Max IV as advertised. I have an entire bag of the plugs that I would guess fit a hole in the 9/16ths to 5/8ths range.

I remedied the problem by going to the auto parts store and looking on the Help rack and locating a pair of rubber differential plugs. The hole in my Max IV (and I have no idea if it's the original size) is 7/8ths. Anyway, the diff plugs are pretty heavy duty and I don't see them being destroyed after multiple uses nor do I see them leaking.

Bottom line, verify the drain hole sizing before buying, don't assume because the seller says they fit model XXXX that they will actually fit. My fault for not checking the size, not the sellers.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

The ones you were sent are probably the correct ones. I believe they should be 5/8" diameter. It sounds like your drain plug holes were worn out. That's not uncommon. My Max II was worn to where the smaller cap plugs wouldn't stay in. I drilled out to 7/8" and bought some 7/8" plugs.

Our drain plugs fit every Max model ever made, they have never been changed. The problem you ran into was that someone has drilled out the holes in your machine to fit a boat plug. Plug holes can also be damaged by people removing plugs improperly. A quick call or email to us would have answered your questions about these plugs, and of course you could just return them. All Max factory drain plugs are 3/4".
    Last edited by MaxRules; 09-06-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Update... Regarding the plugs from Maximum Off-Road, the plugs fit very well. I got my 40-count bag in and these fit good. I'd buy from them again.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread