Fuse box? Does a Max IV have one?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuse box? Does a Max IV have one?

Fuse box? Does a Max IV have one?

I used the search but the threads didn't say where the fuse box is. Does a Max IV have one? Where is it?
    I like to keep spare fuses on hand for our quads and would like to do the same for our Max IV. Thanks.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

There is no fuse box, but up front near the key switch there should be one or two fuses.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thank you. I will take a look.

I found them, beside the key switch, on the side of the dash. Thanks.

Its a good idea to add a fuse box. My tan Max2 has one and my other machines will in time. It makes it easy to protect everything by fuse and to have everything all in one spot, vs unprotected or with every wire having a separate fuse somewhere down the line.

ignition max iv 1991

My key switch was working fine then nothing.......lights go on but no turn over on engine it is a 5pin switch and a separate switch for fuel flow. Are there any fuses inline that would cause me not to get it to start. this a max iv 1991. I can start it off the solenoid

You may have a bad key switch, happened to me once and had to replace it, was pricey at around $40 if I recall correctly.

the new ones are $40.00 and 7 pin not 5 pin is there an aftermarket with 5 pins? Is there anyway to test those switches?

From manufacturers supply the 5 pin is # 31-9330. I would install the 7 pin and get a real accessorie circuit. # for 7 pin is 31-9623. Wiring for the conversion and diagrams of most MAX vehicles are on this site under manuals. Pull the switch down and test the terminal with the green wire for power when in the start position. The older ones I usually find a fuse holder either at the engine or under the dash that has corroded or fell apart. I cut them
    Out and install sealed marine fuse holders. Good luck getting it running again.

my ignition switch does not match the diagrams. the wires in my 5 pin don"t match. I will have to rewire the whole thing... if I jump at the solenoid it starts and runs thanks i am going to keep searching for a 5 pin to match I have 2 garden tractors that have 5 pin. oh no fuse holder except the main 30amp

+ Reply to Thread