why not use leaf springs?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: why not use leaf springs?

thanks for the picture,I found some more of your gotcha and that is a impressive machine.You went a way with the suspension in such a way that never even occured to me.Great idea and now I have new thoughts myself.Did you use 1 universal joint per axle or 2?It is hard for me to see in the pictures,once again thanks for taking the time to post your pics,a picture is worth a thousand words.

RIM racer at the 2011 Ashtabula races.
    Attached Images
    Banned

Dang George giving out secrets you told me those pictures you took was of all the racoon poop inside from 25 years of vacation.

Its got a suspension, but the gaps in the body where the springs come in would be problematic. Think it would have worked better to mount a spring parallel to the sides. Or maybe just use coil over shocks as these shocks are mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Dang George giving out secrets you told me those pictures you took was of all the racoon poop inside from 25 years of vacation.
    Ooops...sorry G
    Banned

great pictures,it looks like just one u joint on the axle in the body tub,if so this could be a very affordable project.Great pictures thanks for taking the time to post them.

+ Reply to Thread