help locating the trasmition oil drain hole and the transmission oil refill hole

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help locating the trasmition oil drain hole and the transmission oil refill hole

help locating the trasmition oil drain hole and the transmission oil refill hole

Guys please i need help locating the oil drain hole and the oil refil for the transmission of a max iv 2006 model with a kawazaki engine. i found alot of information saying where it is located but couldnt find it with words can anyone help me with pictures or atleast tell me where exactly with details its located and do i really need to open the transmission mounting plate ands engine in order to access it. i cant believe that thats a lot of hassle just to drain the oil and refill it.

There are plenty of pics of t-20's in the gallery. I'm on a phone or I'd point one out to you. You don't have to remove the engine to access it, but it does make it easier. I've changes my t-20 fluid both with engine in and with it out. The fill and drain plugs should be 3/4" square plugs. The top plug has a vent so don't mix them up. The fill hole is about 1/2 way down the t-20 on the back side and off to the right. The drain is of to the left and 3/4 the way down. You may be only able to feel them and not see them with the engine in.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Here's a good shot of the fill hole with the plug in it. The plug takes a 9/16" open end wrench to remove it.

...and a shot of the fluid draining from the drain plug, also showing the fill plug on the upper right. Remember, the top plug is vented with an airstone and will leak fluid if you put it in the bottom.

I own a Max IV. Getting to those plugs is a bit hard. You will need to reach under the engine mount base plate. The fill plug is on the right side (as you drive). I doubt you can see it but definitely can feel it. Its a square bolt head, 9/16", as stated above.
    The drain bolt is on the left side and lower than the filler.
    I use a small diameter hose with a bulb type hand pump to suck out the ATF fluid.
    Because the drain isn't at the bottom you won't get all the fluid to drain. It should be sucked out. Unless you winch to machine up high.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

As Rusty said: This is the simple way to get all the fluid out.

+ Reply to Thread