Max modifications for winter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Max modifications for winter

I used 1 1/2" wide by 1" tall strips of UHMW and bolted them on with elevator bolts. Countersunk each hole so the nuts are recessed in. Then used 1 1/4" x 1/8" stainless bolted to the cleats.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Auger mount

Made a modification to the auger mount. It made more sense to lay it down.
    Attached Images

Ice anchor

Here's an idea for something to winch off of while on the ice. Got stuck in the deep slush one time with nothing to winch from. So I came up with this. Just drill a hole part or all the way through and drop in. Hook the winch on first though. Just in case you drop it. It stores along side the seat and doesn't take up too much room.
    Attached Images

That looks like it could work quite well. Could you put up some measurements?

I used 2x2x3/8" angle three ft. long with another 11 inch long piece welded to it at such an angle that it will wedge standing straight up in an eight inch hole. Then put a 3/8" I bolt on top. But you could use whatever you've got laying around.

Thanks, I have a lot of scrap in the garage. Think I will put one together. We do a lot of ice fishing. Certainly could'nt hurt to have handy just in case!

Here's another change I made after having a hard time starting last winter. It also gave me more room in the compartment where I took the back seat out. The storage box is removeable with two wing nuts.
    Attached Images

Here's some pics of the back storage area. There's lots of room for gear now. The backing is just a rubber flap that comes off with two wingnuts to access chains and trans.
    Attached Images

Can you post a picture showing how they are secured to the track
    1995 Max IV , (#11582), 23 HP Vanguard, Custom aluminum bellyband/roll-bars with direct winch attachment. Recreatives track kit.
    Work in progress. Front windshield and canvas enclosure for winter use.

Alaska AATV Owners Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/alaska.AATVs/

Lookin' good,Trevor. It's nice to be able use some of the empty spaces for storage.

+ Reply to Thread