correct adjustment for petroll and air mixture in carburator?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: correct adjustment for petroll and air mixture in carburator?

correct adjustment for petroll and air mixture in carburator?

Hi guys i need help please. Well after i repaired the used max iv that i bought i only drove it for like 30 minutes and then parked it for about a month before starting it again. Anyways when i tried to restart it the max iv would start only with the choke pulled and when i return the choke it would stop. So i took it to the mechanic again and he startes it after cleaning the carburator. Anyways right after he started it i drove it for like 20 meters and again the engine stopped. So he opened the spark plugs and amazingly they where completly black and burnet. So he changed the spark plugs and it worked again fine for 1 hour and then again completly shot down. So after he opened the spark plugs for the second time again they where completly black and burned. So he said that the mixture of fuel is too high going in to the carburator and that i need to find the correct setting or how to correct the fuel and air mixture going into the carburator. Please can anyone guide me on how to do that.

First question is what year and which engine is in your MAX? Have you checked the oil for fuel contamination? I find bad vacume operated fuel pumps filling the crankcase with fuel. This is the. Piped to air intake from the breather tune and causes very rich mix. it could also be a faulty float valve.

Its a 2006 max iv and the engine is a kawazaki 27

+ Reply to Thread