Argo bearings on a max...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Argo bearings on a max...

I don't know rcn, I think in this case OCD might be a good thing. I am always amazed at how much grass, muck, and even small trees (oh yeah...and devil's club!!) I collect around the bearing cages, rails, and axles. It is definitely prudent to have softened edges in those areas. As far as the powder coating, I think that is a good idea as well. After reading about all of the rusted up/frozen parts that folks discover when they start working on their machines, I think it would be well worth the extra time and money to eliminate all that you can.

I totally agree. Nothing wrong with an ounce of prevention in this case...

How much did that kit run? And was it for a max ii or 4?

Price was around $550, which included my 10% disabled veteran discount. The kit will go on either max, 2 or 4. Its a universal conversion kit for argo bearings in a max.

RCN... Regarding your disability... Thank you for serving our country and your sacrifice. Its the blood of soldiers and that water the tree of freedom.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

How much for that kit? And was it for a max 2 or 4?

I would like to echo Rusty's sentiment, Rcn. Thank you for your service. It is heroes like you who make our lifestyle possible.

Thanks AK and Rusty, understand i mean zero disrespect when i say this (i appreciate both of your thoughts): Yes I chose a combat MOS (reconnaissance scout) as my form of serving my country, but being exposed to danger doesn’t make one a hero. Going above and beyond the call of duty does. All I did was an honest day’s work in the service of my country, but the title of hero? No, i'm just a guy that felt the call to serve as many of my family have done in the past. Thanks for your honest heart felt comments, but there are many others much more deserving of that title than I. Working at a VA hospital as i do, i see those Americans that deserve that and so much more on a daily basis.
    Last edited by rcn11thacr; 10-09-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Considering this is my first aatv, tearing apart this machine has lead me to a position that made me want to do much more than I initially intended to do. Before I took on this task I didn’t realize that I would have it torn down so far as to be able to take the frame out of the tub. Now that I know that I’ve decided to go ahead and powder coat the entire frame and its individual parts while I’ve got it torn down this far. I dropped off 50 pieces at the local powder coating guy this afternoon. There was about 20% of the frame that had rust so I felt it was prudent to just go ahead and put a new coat on the whole thing while I had it apart. When I had it all torn down I also ended up deciding to replace all of the inner bearings at the same time. Makes sense to do it now and a few of them had excess play and one was toast anyway, so it was good timing.

I'm hoping for pictures of this project. This is entertaining and educational at the same time.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread