Max II winch mount

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II winch mount

Max II winch mount

Does anyone have an internal picture of the winch mount that Richards relics sales installed? Does it just bolt to the plastic?

There should be a large backing plate it bolts through. Bolting to just the body without backing plate will result in bad things happening during winching.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

My question is whether the winch mount assembly (this includes the backing plate) bolts to only the plastic cover? I've included a picture with an awesome drawing to illustrate what I'm talking about. In the bottom left you can see my MAX II in brown. The winch plate is in black, the bolts are in red, and the winch is in orange.

I bought the warn 1700 winch richards relics recommends and I assumed it would bolt right to the mount. This doesn't seem to be the case. I've circled what I assume is the mounting surface in yellow. I don't mind modifying it as I work in a machine shop I just assumed it would mount.

Does all this sound right?

Last edited by glock; 10-15-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Ok here is what I am thinking. You have the backing plate with the mount. You use the 4 holes in the uprite plate and bolt Through the front of the body panle. Then the 2 holes in the Lower plate bolt through the Upper to Lower body bolt hole's ( the outter lip where the stock Wing nuts go)
    Then you transfer the winch bolt pattern to the plate , drill through Both inner and outter plates and mount. All done and strong.
    Oh and the winch could be bolted to the bottum plate depending on you winch configuration. That mount is realy just a Universal part.
    Hope this helps ?

+ Reply to Thread