Come on Matt O

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Come on Matt O

I'm going to go out on a limb, but expect to see some new 6x6 and 8x8 machines soon from the Max line-up. Still t20 equipped but with freshened body lines, colors, upgraded power trains, auto chain adjusters, with less maintenance requirements, etc.

I heard the Max II prototype was at Ashtabula this fall. Maybe a belt drive machine instead of a T20 to reduce cost?

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Sorry but I don't see to much changeing on the max Noel. First off to change the body line's he would need to rebuld the molds ( Very expensive)
    Also the max is like his second line and I think the MudOx is his #1 deal. But I could be wrong ?? Just hard to change a tryed and true deal !
    Now more colors would be a great idea on the body line up as the tan and so called Camo is just down rite ugly. My first Max II was red and I saw the blue and realy wanted that but Rec dropped it from the line up. As far as the T-20 go's I don't think thay will Ever drop that as it's the best skidder tranny out there sofar. It Origanly cam from Attex and Rec coppied it and put a ptten on it as there own. The death blow to attex ! But this is all my 2 cents and not alway the way others see it !
    All in good time it will come out to the rest of us ?!?!?

Well, using the MuddOx 8x8 tub with a Max-looking top would be nice, using the T20 trans. ( This thread is looking like the one in the MuddOx forum).
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Normable1973 View Post
    Personally I think it really stinks that we can't see what it going in the NEW 6x6 world..... (Is this a money thing).. Dealers can be our friends... Just my thoughts.. Norm..
    Not a money thing at all. The short version is that with so many dealers in our hobby, I have taken a strict stance against commercial posts to keep this site hobby related and not a place that every response to a post is "I've got what you need, let me sell it to you..." I haven't always been so strict on the rules. You are correct, there are a lot of great dealers out there and many of them post regularly on this site with great advice because they truly love the hobby and are not trying to sell anyone anything. They help make this place what it is. I agree that this rule has many disadvantages and it's one reason that it is changing sometime soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    I do believe there was something, something with another forum and a watering contest, many Newer Members have No or little clue what that was all about and for whatever reason its not brought up here. Not looking to get shot here
    You can discuss whatever you like here (within reason) as long as you do so respectfully. I have been here since the beginning, obviously, and I don't know what you are talking about, seriously. There isn't any pissing contest here. I've started two threads that I regret since the beginning. Both of them were a misunderstanding on my part where I jumped to conclusions that were wrong and embarrassing on my part. Other than that I can't think of anything you may be talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    Maybe it's time to do an INTERVIEW with MATT and post that interview in the VIP section????

JUST a suggestion....thinking out loud...
    It's in the works and I agree, it's past time to do so. Same thing with Argo. It's my fault for not taking the time to do so before now.

I like that this site is for the hobbiest. If I need to talk to a dealer I'll contact them directly, not through a public post (no offense intended to the originator of this thread).
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Sorry but I don't see to much changeing on the max Noel. First off to change the body line's he would need to rebuld the molds ( Very expensive)
    Also the max is like his second line and I think the MudOx is his #1 deal. But I could be wrong ?? Just hard to change a tryed and true deal !
    Now more colors would be a great idea on the body line up as the tan and so called Camo is just down rite ugly. My first Max II was red and I saw the blue and realy wanted that but Rec dropped it from the line up. As far as the T-20 go's I don't think thay will Ever drop that as it's the best skidder tranny out there sofar. It Origanly cam from Attex and Rec coppied it and put a ptten on it as there own. The death blow to attex ! But this is all my 2 cents and not alway the way others see it !
    All in good time it will come out to the rest of us ?!?!?

You sure on this ? One of the stipulations for patents is they must show originality (wording?) I have been personally involved in two cases where someone tried to copy and patent an idea. Both times the patent was not allowed. It costs nothing to stop a patent, you just notify the patent office if they haven't already picked up on it.

[QUOTE=Mike;177712]
    You can discuss whatever you like here (within reason) as long as you do so respectfully. I have been here since the beginning, obviously, and I don't know what you are talking about, seriously. There isn't any pissing contest here. I've started two threads that I regret since the beginning. Both of them were a misunderstanding on my part where I jumped to conclusions that were wrong and embarrassing on my part. Other than that I can't think of anything you may be talking about.

Its all good on my end, there has been post in the past that brought up another forum and a certain dealer and some of the members here get all puffed up run the fella into the ground.( He could very well deserve it) but its been my feeling that this forum was started to get away from the BS on the other forum.
    I'm happy here and am Not looking for a change in the rules! just seamed like there was history that may have drove the rules here is all.

Please carry on Bossman, Your doing a fine job

Well not sure where this is going anymore, but here's what I heard directly from Matt at Pine Lake.

Production was not his primary concern at that time, gearing up they were in the midst of;

Parts reorganization / suppliers, manuals and separating part numbers (ie each axle having it's own number for serial number changes).
    In house mfg. of some parts.
    Ample parts stock.
    Staff for parts and assembly.
    Some physical changes in the current models (be they engines or whatever).

That's all I remember except when asked about the dealer network he replied something like, no need for a dealer network until we get ready to start production again. Personally to me this makes sense, no need to have 50-100 dealers out there promoting something that can't currently be supplied in volume.

Hope this answers some questions y'all have.

Very well put Jim !

+ Reply to Thread