Come on Matt O

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Come on Matt O

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Very well put Jim !

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Due to the current site rules, Matt can't reply. That is being worked on (slowly) and I'm sure he'll post once he is able. For now, dealers and manufacturers can't post about their products.
    Maybe it's time to take a second look at this rule?

Yep, maybe allow upcoming models but not actually in production yet. If they're not in production they can't be sold therefore not a sales pitch. Folk will have to contact dealers when the time is right to actually purchase ?

I think it would be good to have a section of the site where manufacturers can tell us about new features that are coming out. I think we should maintain the moratorium on dealers deluging us with sales pitches. I have seen some very contentious conversations, elsewhere, in which two dealers went at it for about 2 dozen posts. Each was trying to upstage his competition. I don't think that is a healthy dialogue for a hobbyist site.

I, personally, would welcome posts in which a manufacturer listed new features that he/she is planning to bring out in the next 6 months or so. It would also be nice to know some of the long-term plans for major line-ups.

Mike has been around longer and seen how these things go, so I am willing to defer to his judgement. I suspect the whole dealer thing is a very slippery slope...of course slippery slopes are one of the reasons we own AATVs, right?

A lot of this stuff could be obtained from the manufactures themselves. They are a phone call away.
    This could also be put in the "interview" type threads.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
    I would think that if Matt had new product info that he was ready to share he would put it up on the Mudd-OX web site.
    Just Say'n
    Maybe new Max/Mudd-Ox information will make its way on to the fancy new max6x6.com site. I see it has a lot of old info. You can even look up your Max year by serial number.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread