Hom much anti-seize can be used?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hom much anti-seize can be used?

Hom much anti-seize can be used?

Like so many other people, when I disassembled my 1998 Max IV it was completely rusted together. It required cutting bearings, flanges and bolts to get it apart. I am slowly putting her back together now. Sand blasted the frame and painted with POR-15 rust preventative paint. I used stainless bolts and nuts to mount bearing flanges. I am trying to protect every part from rust. I coated the sprocket inside with anti-seize. Also applied anti-seize to all bolts / nuts except stainless.

Question is, is it ok to use anti-seize between axles and bearings and between locking collars and axels? Will this compromise the locking system allowing the collars or axles to work loose?

I coat the crap out of my axles!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I coat just about everything that could become an issue.

Use enough to ensure the part will come off next time you need it to, dont be stingy...

ermegawd...use lots, ridiculously lots... and if you can get Marine grade antiseize all the better.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

I was gonna' weigh in on this, but it looks like the subject is well covered!

hi ,
    Do not use on taper lock sprockets between the bush and sprocket the surfaces must be clean and damage free.
    A taper fit is the same
    The surfaces rely on friction.

tomo

+ Reply to Thread