2003 Max II 23 hp not charging

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 Max II 23 hp not charging

2003 Max II 23 hp not charging

Max is not charging the battery . How do I determine the problem ?

Thanks

I'd check the state of the battery first, these small batteries are notorious about lasting a season then croaking. I have a $20 battery condition guage that I got at Harbor Freight.

Also fuse could be bad. I believe it's in the white wire under left of dash. If fuses are good test the center plug at voltage rectifier. It's mounted on the side of shroud on the kohler engine. It has three wires going to it and the center terminal has to have power to charge the battery. Also check mount screws and ground wire it won't charge if ground wire is loose at mount screw.

Fuse is good will keep checking the rest . Thanks for the quick replies

Recently had issues with two 2005 23's with magnets coming off flywheel, was lucky all came off no stator damage.

Had the same issue this week. Double check your grounds on regulator on side of motor. I cleaned it up and also ran a second ground wire to frame. This worked for me.

+ Reply to Thread