2000 max iv chain size and lengths

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 max iv chain size and lengths

2000 max iv chain size and lengths

hey guys thanks for the add i just picked up a 02 max iv with 175 hrs for a good deal has 26 in tires but outer bearings are toast and I just started tearing this aatv apart tonight and I want to replace all chains and I need the the size and links for it also looking for a rear splined axle and new rear sprocket mine missing some teeth also had to cut out the axle too someone broke the set screw in the sprocket so I had to do major surgery that is going to cost me what are some good bearings to run on this beast thanks.

Buffalo Bearing is a great source if you want to go with conventional bearings. There is an alternative, Adair Argo has a great synthetic bearing for a comparable price. I'm running a set on an Argo, and have a pair on the front of a Max2. Each machine has 60 or so hours since the switch and show no signs of wear, are water tight, and are super easy to install. They also sell a split bearing which is an alternative if you have an axle that won't come out.

As for chains, I've found new Diamond Brand #50, on EBAY for around $1.50 a linear foot, when you can find it, that's pennies on the dollar of what it usually costs. Diamond, Morse, etc are some excellent brands, I'd stay away from the Cheap Chinese or Taiwanese stuff as it stretches quickly.

As for the axle you need to replace, forum member Whipper is a great resource for those, as well as sprockets, and other machining issues. A great technique for the t20 is converting the output sprocket to either 13 or 12 teeth, which will really gear the machine down, additionally a red spring in the clutch will improve the shift of the cvt.

Wow thanks where can I find the drive sprockets and clutch spring

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle7783 View Post
    Wow thanks where can I find the drive sprockets and clutch spring
    Mudd-ox sells the driven springs. I use a red spring in my IV from there. It keeps you down low better. As for an axle for a IV, I happen to know that member z240 has some brand new splined Max IV axles for sale much cheaper than anywhere else. I'd suggest pm'ing him and seeing what it would cost shipped to you.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thanks now will #50 work on the whole machine including drive chains it has o-ring chain right now but its nasty

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle7783 View Post
    Thanks now will #50 work on the whole machine including drive chains it has o-ring chain right now but its nasty
    Yes the #50 and 530 double o-ring are interchangeable. The double o-ring is a bit more expensive and stronger typically.

Best way to remove set screws that are broken on my sprockets was going to try drilling them out need some help

You can try a reverse bit. Maybe it will grab it and get it to come out. There are many threads that discuss this. Use the search feature and do some research. I'm certain you will find a method that will work. It's probably going to be a PIA though.

Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply has 530 o-ring chain that has the same strength as Tsubaki chain, but at a lower cost.
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 07-23-2015 at 05:08 AM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread