Max IV disc brake photos

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max IV disc brake photos

Max IV disc brake photos

I was just the lucky recipient of the Max IV brakes that Whipper was giving away and I'm looking for a photo of how they go in to make the install easier.

I looked on the gallery but couldn't find what I was after. Can someone either point me to something in the gallery if I missed it, or take a photo for me?

Thanks.

This is what JBF did and I would do, perhaps you may do.
    When you search the gallery just type in brakes and many things will come up to sort through.
    Use the search in the blue bar.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thank you. I'll use that as a starting point. I bought some discs and calipers from MFG, but when I welded the discs to my front sprocket tubes I introduced more runout than I wanted so I put things on hold until I figured out what to do next. That was a few months ago and now I know what I need to do next: Start over with these.

That's where they sit, if you have the stock calipers from Whipper it should be a breeze.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Are you saying the discs sit near the front axle, or the center one like the photo you posted above?

Can someone clarify for me, is the original position for these discs on the front or the center axle? From the length of the linkages for the calipers I'm thinking they live near the front axle, not the center one.

Thanks.

I don't own a Max IV but,by looking at the pic Jim posted,it appears the centerline of the brake discs is just behind the middle axle. I'll guess this is somewhere under the rear seat?

Yes, it is in this picture. I'm not clear if this is the original placement as built at the factory, or if this is a modification done with the original discs.

Phabib, what year is your machine? The disks picture are the larger 10?" discs used on early IV's in the middle, later machines used either drums or 4?" discs on the front. Max II's should look the same.

What I've got are the big discs. I had band brakes but want to put in the discs. I guess they go in the middle, not the front.

+ Reply to Thread