My Max is not an Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Max is not an Argo

I hear ya. I got a Case 310 and that's referred to as a Cat. Guess I'm just lookin for other stories on how us amphibious people educate the land lovers.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

This summer a new guy in our town called my Max IV an Argo. I corrected him. He had never heard of Max aatvs. Now he knows.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    I hear ya. I got a Case 310 and that's referred to as a Cat. Guess I'm just lookin for other stories on how us amphibious people educate the land lovers.
    A Case 310!!! Now I'm jealous, that's a cute little "Cat" if there ever was one! Quit trying to educate the Gomers, you'll only confuse them.

That little 310 is about 1/100 th the size of the one in your picture. It's real handy with the bucket and ripper. The street pads tear the yard up less than the Max too. It's a good ole Cat.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

D11T....230582# and 935 HP, you still win in the cute factor department by a mile

Hey guys,

Just saw this post and had to chime in. We get the same thing in Alaska. The masses know Argo and nothing else. There are a few old sportsmen who know Max and wouldn't have anything else. I know one guy who had a Max and an Argo. His testimony is why I ended up with a Max.

Nearly everyone I meet calls my Max an Argo. I did meet one guy who used to guide for an outfit who did tours in Argos. He saw my Max and said, "That looks just like an Argo with the engine in the back...what is it?" I told him it was a Max IV. I went through the whole T20 description and whatnot. He responded that it sounded like a better machine overall. That was the most intelligent conversation I have had about it with the uninitiated. I have gotten the question concerning floating many times already. I have not yet been asked the depth question. I guess I haven't been around folks who don't think floating is floating.

just like snowmachines. Some built for utility, some built for fun, and everything in between. Some people call it their snowmachine, others prefer to be more specific by describing their 4-stroke wide-track skandic. They all have skis and tracks. Kinda like your Max having a sealed tub and straight axles and floating. After all your Max is very similar to an Argo, same as Mudd-ox. If someone wants to know the difference I say tell em because they'r interested.
    To me, the biggest difference is really 6 wheel vs. 8 wheel, and that's where the dividing line is for performance and practicality.

+ Reply to Thread