max iv chain tension

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: max iv chain tension

max iv chain tension

Hey guys I am putting all new chains on my max iv now what is the best way to get the right tension thanks

Raise the machine until all of the tires are off the ground. With the bolt that goes through the tensioner loosened, push down on the sprocket. I usually use a 2x2 piece of wood. Hold it in place and tighten up the nut/bolt. Test the chain to make sure it isn't banjo string tight (remember, I live in North Carolina). Ideally you want 1/2" deflection of the chain so 1/4" up and 1/4" down. Once you get a feel for how tight they should be, it will be pretty natural to get them set each time. You don't want them too tight or it will wear prematurely and put a lot of tension on the drivetrain.

That makes sense I'm not afraid to get in this machine more I did notice the frame towards the rear sprockets is bent up and bashed a little from the chains breaking one time or loose should I worry about that also off subject what size of hole saw did you use to install those tail lights in your max ii

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle7783 View Post
    That makes sense I'm not afraid to get in this machine more I did notice the frame towards the rear sprockets is bent up and bashed a little from the chains breaking one time or loose should I worry about that also off subject what size of hole saw did you use to install those tail lights in your max ii
    The bent frame is fairly common. My max IV is the same way. For the hole saw, I just used whatever was recommended by the lights that I purchased. I don't remember what it was off the top of my head.

OK makes sense thanks again for the input I like this site a lot tons of input and ideas

+ Reply to Thread