Which alternator to use?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which alternator to use?

I run a 63 amp alternator in my maxll. Except for my head lights, I run all LEDs. I plow at night with most of my LEDs on. Except for the two on the back. I have never noticed any power loss. I do not have an amp meter, just a volt meter.I ment to change that just didn't get around to it. I have been running that same alternator for about five years now. Would like to try a small body alternator. Please let us know how it works out for you! I also keep my battery on a 2 amp trickle charger when ever I am not driving the old girl.
    Last edited by tattooman; 11-21-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    There is also a 70 amp in the same case. I don't have that # handy. The larger the crank pulley the faster the drive. Clearance was my concern. Most Argos will hold 14 + volts at just over idle unless all the accessories are on.
    Thanks for clarifying the correct pulley that needs to be larger since I said the opposite one in my post.

Tattooman, nice to know that the 63 amp version works for you. What is the total wattage that your lights require?

I have been thinking of doing this too. Let me now how you make out and some photos.

Will do.

Has anyone succeeded with this MOD I have a 2005 max iv 950t with the 27hp kawasaki and I want to put a additional alternator on it as well but not sure exactly how I should go about it or what all needs to be done to have it set up and fabricated correctly?
    "We Got Hogs"

I thought about doing the same thing with mine but it's pretty congested in the engine bay so I took the easy rout and threw another battery in there to run a big light bar with a smart switch in between the two batteries as to not drain the start battery. Which by the way is a full size battery.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread