early max iv oh160 to briggs 23 swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: early max iv oh160 to briggs 23 swap

early max iv oh160 to briggs 23 swap

Hi all. Frame is done, motor is mounted. How do i mate the vanguard motor to the tecumseh wiring harness, or do i just run all new wires? Thinking about rewiring because the under dash wiring looks like a rats nest of splices, etc. My vanguard came with a keyswitch mounted to the engine. My original switch looks like crap. The keway is all chewed. Any issue using the one that came with the engine and running the lights off a standaolone switch? Also, what size throttle and choke cable should i be getting. This thing should be all back together tomorrow and i am pissed because it doesn't seem like my throttle or choke cable from the 160 will fit. Any advice?

Post a pic of what you're dealing with Pat.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

The throttle and choke cables are the longest ones made by Max. I don't recall the lengths off the top of my head. The choke is run from the left side of the dash between the upper and lower bodies down the left side of the machine. If you try and run it down the floor it will be too short. The throttle cable runs down the bottom of the machine and comes up before the engine and transmision, but after the battery location. If you try and run it all the way back it will come up short.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Without modifying how the tec. cable hooks up it probably will need a proper cable, choke cable should be influenceable. Should you use the cable eye off the tec. try not to drill your hole where the briggs cable hooks now or you will be screwed later.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks guys. Drew hit it. I was trying to come from the back of the machine.I found the second mounting location on the throttle bellcrank. Going to have to install a new choke cable though. Short by about 6 inches.The oh160 was a couple of inches shorter and the choke fed from the left. Just enough to be off the mark when coming directly from the rear. No problems there. Wiring is another matter. Here is what i am dealing with.

ATTACH=CONFIG]12953[/ATTACH]20141123_202412.jpg20141123_202538.jpg
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread