Max ll Bearings, Bearings, Bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Max ll Bearings, Bearings, Bearings

Post Max ll Bearings, Bearings, Bearings

Hi Guys,
    Started replacing the chains on my Max yesterday. They were beyond sloppy. While my Max was off the ground I started moving the tires and noticed about 1/16-1/8 in. play in every axle. Lt rear more than the rest. 3 of the chain tensioners were toast or missing. Looks like I need to replace some bearings. The inners seem o.k. I'll check to see. Don't think I will have to run it through any water so leaking isn't the issue. Unit has about 200 hrs on it. Prior owner just let the chains go and I reap the rewards. The only problem he said he had with it was it pulled to the right. Duhh! I could actually make the chains meet in the middle on all the axles. Right jackshaft vertical chain had about 2 inches play. Left side not much better. Pretty much rode hard and put up wet. Sucks to be me today.Looks like I'll be reviewing Mikes bearing change video a couple times. Not to mention about $400. worth of parts.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Ahhh yup..... Welcome to the wonderful world of used AATVS!! But well worth it! Norm

outlaw, go ahead and fix it all. then you have piece of mind when riding. i just replaced rear left inner bearing on my max 2 yesterday. was able to unbolt engine and slide it over to get to the bearing. not bad. and replaced both rear chain tensioner blocks too. allittle hard on my back, but sures runs nicer. johnboy va.

Thanks guys,
    Feel free to pitch in any time. I already feel the bad back syndrome from yesterday. Been pricing bearings from Max. More than I thought they would be. Anyone else sell them other than the Max suppliers? I suppose the flanges are a Max-only item though.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

outlaw, i and other members have bought from buffalo bearings, good prices. tell them your a member of 6x6 world. 716 874 1720. johnboy va.

Thanks Johnboy, I'll give it a shot.

I just called Buffalo Bearings. Of course they want part #'s or bearing dimensions, of which I have neither. Anyone know the right number for the bearings for a '97 Max ll without me pulling one to see?

You can search the site and find the numbers you are looking for. Here are a few threads:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...html#post79143
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...html#post83588
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...tml#post153364

You should have the 72mm bearings but check to be sure.

Thanks again Mike,
    Kinda new at this, but I assume the 72mm is the OD of the bearing? If so, I'll check locally and see whats available. RI quoted me $24 for the bearings, but if I can get the bearings and flanges for that then that's the way I will go.

Just checked all the local bearing houses. The lowest price I found for the HC 207-20 was $48. RI wanted $24. Anyone out there know where they are cheaper?

+ Reply to Thread