max iv body band

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: max iv body band

max iv body band

So I've been doing some research about doing a body band 2 x2 angle 3/16 thick and a roll cage or build the max iv roll cage with just the two partial body band's then tie it in to the frame behind the front seat anyone have any better ideas I am all ears looking for creative ideas to make the max a little stronger already have my templates for the trans mount getting made at work for me

I've seen a body band that incorporated a tub support to the front seat. The back of the rear seat served as a tub support/grab bar for rear passengers and extended out onto the body band. The Max was suspended on a lift when the install was completed so as to eliminate any potential sag. I thought that was a neat idea as there was no cutting through the tub required for this setup. There were pics in the gallery showing this, but can't recall the name of the member who did this....

That's a good Idea to suspend from the lift buy I wonder how they did it

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle7783 View Post
    That's a good Idea to suspend from the lift buy I wonder how they did it

Keith

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Edit my post..Good idea on the Max IV. I'd do mine like this
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I like that a lot I'm thinking that's the route I will go and do a nice led light bar across the front and back

Now is it important to lift the max off the ground

Also what was the size of tubing was used and angle iron

Here's another option. I used two pieces of angle iron welded across the top of the rear seat frame attached to the tub in four places. It leveled out the sag in the tub and got rid of the chassis flex. Also made removable storage bins. Seat cushion covers it all up nice. This will support the roll cage as well.
    Attached Images
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Hi freestyle, I used 2x1x1/8 angle iron for my Max2 body band. I think 3/16 would be overkill but its up to u. Later Mike

+ Reply to Thread