Max IV frame issues and questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max IV frame issues and questions

Good tip on the wrench Mike.

Going back to the support brackets, specifically the "tube brace", it would appear that this bracket is designed to cradle the T20. The T20 has that flat spot on the bottom (and top) of the case and it would make sense that the T20 would rest on the middle of the brace. You'd never be able to see it with the frame in the tub, but it doesn't look like the flat spot on the T20 would line up with the tube brace. The T20 sits too far back to be supported by the brace of you weld it on the high point of the tube. I took this pic with frame out and upside down with T20 mounted. Check it out:

I now have tracings of all of the frame parts with install drawings. I tried to scan but they don't print to dimentions. Send me an address and I'll mail a copy. Only the plate for locking lower mount bolts is now available from factory. I'm looking into having some cut but nobody in this area with lazer cutter. The full kit is for any Max IV with slotted lower bolt holes at the transmission. The front brackets can be added to any 2002?? To 08 that dosent have them.

I made up my own...

I ended up making my own support brackets and T20 support. I'm not a fabricator, and there was a lot of work into making these fit just right. For the bottom support bracket, I sliced a rubber fuel hose down the middle so that the T20 doesn't have to rest on steel. Everything bolts down real tight. I don't think I'll have any issues with the T20 wobbling around anymore.

Nice job on mounts. Slip in your axles and sprockets and see how new chain fits. If the dimentions to axles are correct and new sprockets and prestressed chain you should just be able to make the connection on master link without tensioner touching the chain. I usually find the t20 sitting low and almost all the adjustment used up before even running it.

Everything getting put back together and I got the axles and chains on the sprockets. There is not much clearance at all on the rear sprockets between the frame and the tub floor. I'd say I got about 1/8" from the frame and maybe 1/4" from the floor. I can see why I had those bends in there, but they are straightened out now. Is this normal?
    I also fixed the wobbled up slot holes the T20 sat in and it's amazing how much this affected chain adjustment. But I'm wondering if by doing so this changed how much clearance I have for the rear chains/sprockets.

1/4" to tub is about normal ,usually cant get a chain in from the side at all. The frame can be opened up with a pry bar if you want but not necessary if chains are kept tight. repairing the mount holes only moved the T-20 back to where it belongs. it shouldn't have changed the other dimensions at all. sounds like you will be back together soon.

+ Reply to Thread