Max II struggle to get through snow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II struggle to get through snow

Ogdensburg, NY mailing but live in Morristown, New York

Max II struggle to get through snow

I have a Max II with new 23 hp Vanguard and new clutch. Belt and chains are properly adjusted. Just got 8 inches of new snow. Thought - well here it goes. Drove out of garage and down slight grade hill. Coming back up almost couldn't make it with the tires spinning. 4 wheel ATV probably would have worked better. Very disappointed. Thought about getting wheel extenders and maybe chains. Not sure if that would work much better. Tracks are very expensive - have a used pair of Argo tracks. Seems as if it would take a lot more hp to push like the videos I have seen on Youtube. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Get spacers and put the tracks on.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Sorry to here your disappointed. Just remember depending on ground clearance of your tub your just dragging it at some point. The tub actually keeps the tires from contacting the ground as the snow gets deeper and then saddle bags the tub on snow. Your better to keep the area you ride in groomed by riding in them every snow fall. I rode a hopped 250x Honda 2 wheel drive and it would go thru so crazy deep snow as long as kept my momentum up. It was light and would float across a lot of stuff Was hard riding untill in 3rd gear

Here is a video of me and my friend riding in the yard 12" of snow in most places. I would have got stuck for sure in the woods trying to break thru the snow. My throttle cable was broken so it was pretty much full bore or crawling. I also have duro tires which are crap for swimming but handle my rocky terrain and mud pretty well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIXvaENtbdI

That was a fun video to watch!

Attex in snow

here is me playing in the snow by myself. THROTTLE CABLE STILL BROKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NavtGN42yg

Quote Originally Posted by tattooman View Post
    That was a fun video to watch!
    I agree that was cool

my max did fine riding on top of deep snow,then it just hit a spot where it dropped into the snow and the tub bottommed out and all 6 wheels just spun,I had to dig it out.I dont think the 6x6's are good in deep snow unless they have tracks at least my machine isnt.

max 11 struggle to get through snow

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    my max did fine riding on top of deep snow,then it just hit a spot where it dropped into the snow and the tub bottommed out and all 6 wheels just spun,I had to dig it out.I dont think the 6x6's are good in deep snow unless they have tracks at least my machine isnt.
    you are correct. that includes 8 wheelers also. jeffery9067 put it better above but tracks make them almost unstoppable in snow of any depth and less than your 23 horsepower is fine. if you get the spacers ,measure the size of each tire and put them on as per directions you will have a winning combination. good luck

+ Reply to Thread