New (to me) Max IV Project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New (to me) Max IV Project

New (to me) Max IV Project

I've wanted one of these for several years but just recently pulled the trigger. It's older (I was told it's a '93) but looks to be in very good shape for its age. As I go through it, I'm sure I'll find more things that aren't quite right. Sorry about the pics, my camera is old and the light was wrong.

The first item of business is to replace an axle. The PO attempted to weld it but freely admitted, "I'm no welder".

A couple of questions: The chains slide across the bottom of the tub. Are they supposed to be that slack or should I adjust them? Ignore the bent shift rod. I've since bent it back straight.

Also, I did drive it and it didn't have much power coming up a hill. Is that typical for an 18 HP Vanguard?

The chains shouldn't be constantly dragging the tub. Tighten them up. By the way, congratulations on getting your Max IV.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedcj7 View Post

Also, I did drive it and it didn't have much power coming up a hill. Is that typical for an 18 HP Vanguard?
    Drive belt may be worn or loose.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

nice find

Them tires are good in mud but terrible at swimming. GOOD LUCK

Thanks, got the axle fixed and a new tire to match the others. Here's a couple of pics of its first trip out. Best home-town Christmas parade ever!

One of the seat frames needs welding so that might have to be the next item on the hit list.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Anyone notice how much those original in the box Darth Vader helmets go for on Ebay. Unfreakin believable. Never seen a Max in a parade before. Cool!
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

cool love it

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1 View Post
    Anyone notice how much those original in the box Darth Vader helmets go for on Ebay. Unfreakin believable. Never seen a Max in a parade before. Cool!
    Here's a few, Thanks to George for having us and big thanks to Shawn H for posting this.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Nice! Very cool...

+ Reply to Thread