2002 Max II 18hp vanguard swap to 25hp kohler help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Max II 18hp vanguard swap to 25hp kohler help

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    I use many of them,The team is twice the clutch compared to the 1190 and 1/2 the weight.

Team and 780

Thanks Nubs. I'm only worried about clearance with the body. Can I still move motor over far enough to clear the body and still have enough room on other side to get a cool air vent onto the motor.

How well does that clutch grip the belt? Do I have to run the invance secondary clutch with that clutch also?

It does take up some room, I'll check the width n post it. they'll grip whatever the motor thorw's at it, the better the driven the better the drive works

50hp here, Both Team drive n driven.

Nubs that is one sweet setup. I would really like to know the dimension on how far that primary sticks out of the motor. Cause i'm going to have to do some serious measuring before purchasing. and I dont think I could run that team seconday. Probably will have to run the new invance clutches offered stock on the machines because of how far i'll have to slide motor over. Just like buggyman1 had too. Thanks for all your help. Very knowledgeable

I'm not sayin' You need to run that driven, just sayin' thats what it looks like. Many Fellas are runnin' the 780 setup's and they work good. sounds like Your looking for more performance/more torque?

I'll post them numbers later today.

Yes more performance, more torque,more speed. the whole shebang. I'm going to be ordering clutches and exhaust this week. then put it all in there and figure out belt and wiring and venting

6-5/8" wide, can't give Ya the number from the block out because this Briggs engine is running a vertical crankshaft and the Kohler is most likely different anyways. You'll just need to check Your crank and add it.

I'm running a 28efi kohler in my max II with the 1190 clutch. It fits fine, all you have to do is heat the body at the center point of the clutch and push it out about 3/4"

Thank you nubs. Now I can start doing some figuring and get everything ordered up.

So far so good on the engine swap. Started it last week. tons of things needed to be purchased and or modified. But is going to turn out awesome. Have all my parts now and will take pictures when it's all done and give feedback of what I think about the new clutches. Hoping they work awesome together. thank you BuggyMan and Nubs for the insight

Only things I have left are bolt up the exhaust shields, fill old exhaust hole and cut new, and wiring.

My only question as of now is regarding the stock engine harness. It was a 5 wire plug.: the harness has the fuel shut off solenoid wired to the starter wire and also the stator wire? so when turning the starter over will open the fuel solenoid and once the stator starts making power it will keep it open? this make sense to anyone? lol it seems like it would work. then I wouldn't have to run any extra wires

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    I'm running a 28efi kohler in my max II with the 1190 clutch. It fits fine, all you have to do is heat the body at the center point of the clutch and push it out about 3/4"

Hey: post up some pics, 28 hp efi should be perfect for a Max2.

+ Reply to Thread