faster in reverse

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: faster in reverse

faster in reverse

It's been 10 months. I took my machine out after rebuilding the entire Maxiv. Literally every nut and bolt has been replaced. I am really ready to flip out. Took it out for a maiden ride tonight and it goes faster in reverse. It does about 5 - 7 mph in foward and a little faster in reverse. What the heck did I do wrong. Please help before I set this thing on fire.

First, make sure your CVTs are operating properly, the engine is revving as it should and that the belt is moving as it should. If that's fine and if you are pushing forward (hardish) on the sticks while in forward without any luck then you may need to adjust the bands on the T20. Start there.

Hi pat, Is the drive belt tight enough. I think u have to jack the motor up with washers under the mounts to adjust the belt tension. Good luck Mike

Pat did you replace the engine ? What governor spring did you use? Engine has to run at least 4000 rpm with belt on to have any speed. I know you had driven clutch apart is there any chance you got the spring a bump to tight? That will make it stay in low speed all the time. Good luck let us know what you find. You will be riding soon!

Hi guys. Thanks for the input. Belt seems to be set perfect. Clutches are working properly. I think Mark may be right. The engine is a brand new 23hp vanguard. The engine does not seem to be turning up revs. I never replaced the factory governor spring, and besides relocating the throttle cable, I didnt play with the carb at all. Is there soemthing i have to do with the engine to get it to rev faster?

Bend the tab the the governor spring links to. Play with it and your throttle until it's revving right. You probably want to get the correct spring from MuddOx as well. I really don't know what the difference is, but Jeff always had me change them on my engines to ensure it worked right.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    X2, plus its a nice little box for the $'s...

You can order one from Tiny Tach with a custom length coax cable (unless you know how to extend the length yourself.) I email them for a quote. That way you can mount the tach on your dash and string the wire back to your engine.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

I have one (tiny tach) on my max 4 that is standard length and it fits perfectly on the left side of the dash... I've tried the knock off brands in the past and they always have problems with them. 4300-4400 should be a good rpm. Norm..

+ Reply to Thread